Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grilled Almonds

I'm always on the hunt for a new snack.  I would rather snack all day that actually eat a full meal.  While almonds are a healthy snack, they can be a bit boring after a while.  In an effort to change things up, I started grilling them.  Even though I love to cook/bake, I'm not a grill master.  Thus, anytime the Hubs in cooking out on our grill, I take advantage and add these almonds to menu.  Grilled almonds are quick and easy to make. I make mine with just olive oil and salt, but you can switch it up with any ingredient.  Try honey and sugar, or olive oil and parmesan cheese.  The options are endless.  See below for the recipe.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Plain almonds
Olive Oil
Salt


Directions:
In a zip lock bag add almonds, olive oil, and salt.  I just eyeball everything.  Add as much olive oil and salt as you desire.  Seal the zip lock bag and shake it, so that all of the almonds are coated.  Let the almonds sit for a few minutes to absorb the oil and salt.


Remove almonds from zip lock bag and place on a grilling tray.  I use a metal pizza tray with holes in it to vent.  Place the tray on the grill and let them cook for 5-6 minutes.  After 5-6 minutes, use a spatula to move the almonds around so that they're all getting that great "grilled" look.  Do this for another 3-4 minutes and then you're done!  I usually let mine cool for 5-10 minutes after removing them from the grill to let the smokey flavor set in.  Enjoy!



xoxo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment