Thursday, July 5, 2012

Drugstore Gems

I love roaming the aisles of a drugstore.  There's so many great products ranging from beauty to food to gift cards.  You name it and you can probably find it at your local drugstore.  My favorite part is finding great health and beauty products at an affordable price.  Over the years, I've spent a pretty penny on all types of beauty products.  However, I've found that many of my go-to items are found at the drugstore.  Here are my top 10 drugstore beauty finds.

xoxo, Jen





1.  Crest 3D White:  I use this whitening rise every day to keep my smile white and bright.  It really works!  Pair it with 3D White toothpaste for maximum results.

2.  St. Ives Apricot Scrub:  I exfoliate my skin 2-3 times a week (which is probably more than is recommended).  I can't help myself!  I love how this product leaves my skin feeling smooth and renewed.  

3.  Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner:  This product removes any remaining dirt and oil from your face.  It leaves your skin feeling cool and fresh.

4.  Johnson's Baby Lotion:  I have to admit, I've tried what seems like hundreds of lotions.  Johnson's baby lotion is by far my favorite.  I like the one with shea and cocoa butter.  It really moisturizes your skin and lasts all day.

5.  Moroccan Oil:  This is a newer find for me.  I've heard about it for a while and finally gave it a try.  Now, I'm addicted.  My hair is often dry due to all the products and heat I apply to it daily.  I use this product once a week for hair that is left silky and smooth.

6.  Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo:  This product is an oldie but goody.  I first started using this in middle school when I would load my hair with hair spray (you know you did it too.  bangs.)  This removes all the built up residue in your hair from the numerous products (styling, shampoo, etc) you use.  My hair always feels clean and refreshed after I use this product (once a week).

7.  Rimmel Lasting Finish Base and Top Coat:  I have to give my mom credit for this one.  She introduced me to this product a few months ago and now I'm hooked.  This really makes your manicure last. I'll actually add it to my week old manicure to get added time out of it.  It adds shine to your nails and really helps against chips.

8.  Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream:  A friend introduced me to this product years ago and its become a staple in my cabinet.  Its light, smells great, and really strengthens and protects your cuticles.  Its quick and easy to apply.

9.  Covergirl Lashblast 24 Hour Mascara:  I've spent more than I'd like to admit trying to find the perfect mascara.  I've tried endless kinds of "designer mascaras" only to be disappointed.  In the end, I always go back to the basics; Covergirl.  This mascara is great for volume and definition.  I line my lids with my favorite eyeliner, use an eyelash curler and apply 2-3 coats of this mascara for a bold look.  Its amazing and lasts all day!

10.  Lip Smacker- Strawberry:  I know, I know, this is a product that a 10 year old uses too.  I can't help myself.  I love it!  I often feel embarrassed when I whip this chap stick out and apply it, but its amazing.  It moisturizes your lips and adds just the right amount of shine.  And let's be honest, the flavor/scent is an added bonus.  I'm partial to the strawberry flavor, but I'm sure they're all equally as wonderful.  

1 comment:

  1. I love anything Burts Bees!! Thank you for the sweet message on my last blog post. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby! I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete