Friday, March 29, 2013

Funfetti Easter Cookies

Today is B's Easter party at his school.  Originally, the Hubs signed us up for jelly beans.  Since I didn't think that jelly beans were a good idea for a group of 1 year olds, I signed us up for cookies instead.  My original intention was to just buy cookies.  I've been swamped at work and traveling this week, so who has time to actually make cookies??  However, as I was browsing the aisles at Target, I saw all of  these cute Easter things and suddenly felt that just buying normal cookies wasn't good enough (insane, I know).  So instead of unpacking last night, I made Easter cookies.  But at least B will have something "cute" to bring to his party today (just imagine when he's in real school and not the 1 year old room at daycare...thanks Pinterest for pressuring all us parents to go above and beyond all the time).

I decided to make Funfetti cookies.  I used this recipe.  They're soft, taste great and easy to make.  I used food coloring in the frosting and pastel sprinkles.  They came out great.  I've listed the recipe below.  Enjoy!

xoxo,
Jen




Ingredients

1
(18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
1/3
cup oil
2
eggs
1/2
(15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting



1
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.







  • 2Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

  • 3Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.





  •  



No comments:

Post a Comment